Science Experiments to make a water fountain is simple.
Learn how to make a found make a water fountain, easy to make fountains in your home.
Equipment needed to make a water fountain
Two glass jars (one with a lid),
a bottle of water,
four plastic straws (or a plastic tube),
sticky tape, and
Method of making a fountain science experiment
Learn how to make a fountain by following the following methods to make easy to make fountains.
- Make two holes in the lid.
- Push a straw through one hole so about 2 inches (5 cm) shows inside the lid. Make a long tube by fixing three straws together with sticky tape (or use plastic tubing) and push one end of the long tube through the other hole in the lid.
- Seal the gaps between the straws (or tubing) and the lid with modeling clay.
- Put about 2 inches (5 cm) of water into one of the jars and screw on the lid.
- Fill the second jar three fourths full of water and place it on the edge of a table. Position the bowl underneath. Turn the jar with the straws in the lid upside down and dip the short straw into the jar of water on the table. As you do this a fountain of water should rise up the straw.
Explanation of how to make a water fountain Science Experiments
As water from the closed jar pours down into the bowl through the longer straw (or tube), the air Pressure inside the jar becomes less as the air spread out to take up the space left by the water. The air outside is at a greater Pressure than the air inside and pushes down on the water in the open jar. This forces the water up the short straw and makes a fountain.